Alpine Ski - Girls
Skiing offers excitement, variety and challenge. The mastery you develop as a member of the Pony Alpine Team will serve you throughout your life. You will experience the importance of teamwork and of respect for self and others. Learning to strive for a goal and to compete under pressure bring valuable life lessons for all of us. Practice, repetition, and focusing on a task will produce excellence in performance. We welcome the opportunity to work with you in a positive atmosphere of camaraderie as well as competition. Many elements, from race logistics to weather, controllable or not, can create changes and challenges during the season. We expect to share a team spirit of cooperation as we navigate the season together, aiming toward the greatest outcomes for all. Dryland practices are held at Stillwater Area High School. Snow training is after school at Afton Alps. Athletes participate in high school conference and non conference competitions. In addition to the participation fee, participants are required to purchase an Afton Alps season pass and a booster club fee.
- This slalom-racing event is open to women and men in grades 7-12. There is one coaching staff for all racers. Athletes come from Stillwater Area High School, Oak-Land Middle School and Stillwater Middle School.
- The Alpine Ski program is a varsity sport. Athletes are team members, accountable to one another and expected approach practice with commitment and self-discipline. Team members, captains, and coaches all work to create an atmosphere of mutual support where each member is dedicated to the elevation of all.
- No previous racing experience is necessary, but participants should be competent skiers. Be advised this is not a ski club, it is a disciplined sport. Our practice field is at a ski area and team members are required to be with the coaches during all practice sessions.
- Personal Goals
- Personal Responsibility
- Consistent Attendance
- Personal Contribution to Team Work on the Hill
- Appropriate Behavior
- Winter Season | November 15, 2021 - February 16, 2022